When the American Cheese Society (ACS), based out of Denver, Colorado, announced their 2016 conference and festival would take place in Des Moines, the cheese lovers of Trilix couldn’t wait to be a part of the activities. Fast forward a few months later, Trilix received “gouda” news when we were named the agency of choice to help with public relations.
This year’s event, appropriately themed “Cheese in the Heartland,” was held July 27–30 at the Iowa Events Center and required thoughtful planning and media relations to ensure adequate coverage. In preparation, the Trilix PR team did the following on behalf of our client.
- Wrote and distributed press releases for public ticket sales, conference updates to industry media and event updates to local and industry media
- Managed pre-event press releases and follow-up
- Managed two local pre-event public awareness events at the regional Festival of Cheese at Living History Farms (April 2016) and Winefest (June 2016)
- Collected and posted social media content on Facebook
- Landed local and national media coverage and interviews during the event
- Managed communication with industry publications, Best of Show winners and interested parties for two on-site media events
- Worked the media booth
- Coordinated media coverage and interviews during the four-day event
The ACS was thrilled with our PR efforts, which helped lead to a successful event that received extensive local and national media coverage. The Conference and Festival were picked up by local media, including Iowa Public Radio, KCCI, ABC5, dsm Magazine, Other Iowa News, the Des Moines Register, KSTZ Radio, WHO Radio and more, and national media, including NPR, Cheese Underground, Gordonzola.net, Yahoo Finance, Maine Cheese Guild, DeliMarket News, Gourmet Retailer, Cheeserank, Cheese Notes, Culture Cheese Magazine, Cheese Reporter, to name a few, and most importantly, The New York Times and USA Today.
We wish the ACS the best of luck in their future endeavors. Make sure to mark your calendar for next year’s conference and festival — “Cheese with Altitude” — taking place July 26–29 in Denver!