Want to deliver your marketing messages in a clear and meaningful way? Then you should consider adding video to your content marketing strategy to help build brand awareness and create online awareness. According to comScore, 100 million Internet users watch online videos every day. If you’re not incorporating video into your marketing strategy, you’re missing a huge audience. Here are five tips to help you start:
1. Have a plan. Making a video and hoping it goes “viral” is not a legitimate request. Develop a step-by-step plan with ideas and inspiration. What you don’t plan for at the beginning will just take extra time in the end.
2. Know your target audience. Your video should be tailored to likes and interests of your target audience.
3. Make it serve a purpose. One of the most important keys to making a good video is telling a compelling story. Without this, no one will care about or want to watch your video.
4. Be prepared. Go into your shoot with clear concepts and deliverables.
5. Videos are meant to be social, so share it! Without promotion, a video is just moving pictures on your website. Another important step is tracking analytics. Track your video’s shares, views, likes, comments and, most importantly, drop-off rate. Knowing these numbers will help you plan your next video.